The Los Angeles Rams will likely stand pat when the NFL trade deadline passes at 4 p.m. ET on Nov. 4.
Head coach Sean McVay told reporters Monday it’s “less likely” L.A. makes another trade this season.
“There hasn’t been a lot of conversations,” he said,” but what you never say is never.”
Despite clearly being a contender this year, the Rams appear content with their current roster. And why shouldn’t they be? The offense is humming after another 30-plus-point game and the defense held the opponent to 10 points or less for the third consecutive game. Everything is going smoothly so far as the Rams sit at 6-2 and tied atop the NFC West.
Any trade now, while intriguing, would likely be just for depth, as it was with the Rams’ biggest deal of the year a week ago. L.A. acquired Tennessee Titans cornerback Roger McCreary to beef up the secondary room, but he played just 11 special teams snaps and none on the defensive side of the ball in his first game for L.A. That number will likely increase as he gets more acclimated to the team.
The Rams have been known to swing big in years past when they’ve considered themselves playoff contenders, but this appears to be a more prudent approach for McVay and general manager Les Snead.